CIVIL SERVICE EXAM
Last date of receipt of applications
Date of exam
19th Feb, 2019
18th Mar, 2019
02nd Jun, 2019
Indian Forest Service (Prelims) through Civil Service (Prelims)
- Personality Assessment Test (interview)
01 Prelims – Civil Services Aptitude Test
Paper I – General Studies
(100 questions, 200 marks, 0.66 (1/3rd) will reduced for a wrong answer)
- Current events (national and international)
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Economics and Social Development
- General Science
Paper II – Aptitude Test
(80 questions, 200 marks, 0.88 (1/3rd) will be reduced for a wrong answer)
Paper II is ‘Qualifying’ in nature. A candidate has to score 67 marks or get 27 questions right for his Paper I to be evaluated.
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning based questions
- Quantitative Aptitude
02 Main Examination
Main exam consists of 7 papers
- Paper on Indian languages (21) – 300 marks (qualifying paper)
- English – 300 marks(qualifying paper)
- Essay – 250 marks
- General Studies I – 250 marks
- General Studies II – 250 marks
- General Studies III – 250 marks
- General Studies IV – 250 marks
- Optional subject I – 250 marks
- Optional subject II – 250 marks
Total marks for Main Examination – 1750 Marks
03 Personality Assessment Test (Interview)
Personality Assessment Test (Interview) – 275 marks
Total Marks – 1750 + 275 = 2025 Marks
Only Indian nationals eligible for IAS and IPS
For other services- Citizens of India, subjects of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugees are eligible
Minimum graduation and minimum 21 years of age
Maximum age limit
- 32 – General Category
- 35 – OBC
- 37 – SC / ST
- 37 – Domicile of J&K between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989
- 42 – blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidate
Candidate should be compulsorily a graduate (regular or correspondence)
Number of attempts
- General Category: 6 attempts till 32 years of age.
- OBC: 9 attempts till 35 years of age.
- SC/ST: unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
NB: Physically Handicapped /disabled candidates belonging to General category will get the benefit of 9 attempts till the age prescribed by UPSC – 42 years.
List of Services
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group 'A'.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group 'A'.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group 'A' (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group 'A'.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group 'A'
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group 'A'.
- Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group 'B' (Section Officer's Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group 'B'.
* If you appear for any of the paper for the Prelims exam, it will be counted as an attempt. If you fill the application form and do not appear for the exam, it will NOT BE COUNTED as an attempt.